We build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Since our founding in 1991, Habitat for Humanity of Missoula has built affordable housing in communities throughout the city. We believe that everyone deserves a stable way of living and an affordable place to call home. We build community by providing working families the opportunity to purchase a home so they can find stability and build a safe and secure foundation for their future. We believe housing is a human right and we dedicate ourselves to build more, serve more, and be the change our community needs.
Missoula is in a housing crisis. Everyone knows it and everyone feels it. Affordable homeownership helps to alleviate the cost burden of housing and raises the educational achievement of children, improves health, encourages greater civic engagement and generates significant economic activity. Habitat for Humanity of Missoula works with families earning 40%-80% of Area Median Income who would not otherwise be able to afford a home. We partner with families in need and help them build affordable homes for themselves and their families at no interest and no profit. Habitat for Humanity doesn’t offer handouts; we offer a hand-up to our neighbors. We are constantly seeking out a more equitable Missoula where all families can access the transformational power of homeownership and every member of our community has housing that meets their needs.
Build more! We’ve traditionally built two homes per and we have already increased our capacity to build more in 2022. We will build three homes by the end of the current construction season and are well prepared to build four next year. As we grow, our community’s support remains our best resource for helping families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
- Build and deliver 4 homes in 2023
- Construction innovation in multi-family units; research new methods and multifamily units
- Restructure the Family selection process so that all costs can be accounted for in each home
- Land acquisition; Work with a multi-faceted approach to secure necessary land for achieving the goals for 2023-2025
- Increase organization partners for all programs
- Build and deliver 6 homes in 2024
- Construction innovation in mixed-income and mixed-use land use
- Partner with private sector partners to design, develop and build our projects land acquisition; work with a multi-faceted approach to secure necessary land for achieving the goals for 2024-2025
- Build and deliver 8 homes in 2025
- Construction innovation in cross laminated timber and 3D concrete printing
- Advocate for housing policy that promotes sustainable affordability in our communities
Our 501c3 Tax Id Number is: 81-0467791